A Service of California Midwifery Service and Rosanna Davis LM, CPM
Birthing From Within prenatal preparation, is both informative & transformative — meeting the needs of your Heart and Mind in preparation for birth and parenthood. Rosanna and Stephanie are both certified Birthing From Within mentors.
Birthing From Within offers a unique balance of practical information and creative approaches to childbirth preparation. Small groups ensure a personal approach.
- Understanding the stages of labor & birth
- Learning and practicing pain-coping
- Creating a supportive environment in the home or hospital
- Affirming partner’s role and needs
- Birth fears, cesarean birth, and informed consent
- Baby care basics & breastfeeding
- Postpartum health and transition to parenthood
- Postpartum reunion gathering
- Classic six week series or weekend intensive for childbirth/parenting preparation, click here
- Birthin’ Again – refresher for experienced parents
- Now What? – Mindfulness Baby Care and Parenting, the first few months
- Cesarean Awareness – what if your baby needs to be born by cesarean?
- Birth Story Workshop – individual or small group sessions for processing a less than perfect or difficult experience
Rosanna is the first and for a long time (2004-2010) only Certified Birthing From Within mentor in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. The certification process has depth and breadth that requires time commitment, self-awareness, self-motivation, personal growth, compassion and depth of understanding.
Rosanna is also an advisor for BFW , offering one-on-one guidance to BFW mentors in training. She facilitates local BFW mentor skills practice sessions for BFW mentors in training here in the SF Bay Area. Rosanna is delighted and excited to now share the certification honor with Stephanie Freeman. Stephanie is an experienced and skilled BFW mentor whose passion for BFW shines in her storytelling skill, intelligence and compassion.
More about Birthing From Within (www.BirthingFromWithin.com), including some very informative articles (www.BirthingFromWithin.com/Articles).