Homebirth and Midwife Care
At California Midwifery Service we are devoted to and passionate about empowering women through their birth experience by respecting their right to self-determination and providing quality care. Led by Rosanna Davis, licensed midwife and highly esteemed midwife educator, your care through birth and early parenting is guided by the wisdom of this team of professionals and mothers.
Midwifery care with Rosanna Davis, licensed midwife, includes:
- Homebirth/Waterbirth (including a portable, heated deep water labor tub)
- Comprehensive & holistic prenatal care
- Prenatal office visits in Los Altos
- Nutrition guidance for optimal wellness
- Prenatal care in your home (at additional cost, not billable to insurance)
- Homevisit in preparation for planned homebirth, 4 weeks before your due date
- Lab & blood work (Rosanna is a phlebotomist and we have lab accounts with Quest and LabCorp)
- Genetic screening (AFP) and referral for ultrasound
- Expert feeding and baby care/support
- In-home postpartum care and well-baby visits, by your midwife
- Insurance billing
- Preconception counseling
- Portable deep-water tub for your Waterbirth and comfort during labor
- Hypnosis for pregnancy/labor/birth
- Celebrate Mothers: Monthly pregnancy group meetings & mother/baby gatherings
- Celebrate Families: Twice-yearly families’ picnic
- Village Prenatal Care: Group prenatal facilitated by your midwives and certified Birthing From Within mentors
- NEW! Postpartum Village Care: mother/baby group as part of your care at 2, 4, 6 and weeks
Additional offerings through California Midwifery Service:
- Birthing From Within: Classes with Certified BFW mentors – Extraordinary Childbirth Preparation. Click here for more details.
- Doula Care: For your planned homebirth, special package available in combination with CMS and Peninsula Birth Companions
- Village Prenatal Care™: Group Prenatal Care for planned homebirth. “A fun and empowering way to get prenatal care”. Village Prenatal Care offers support, a place for women to air concerns about their pregnancies, and an opportunity for women to be active in their own care. The over-all intention is to help women/couples feel a greater sense of empowerment, confidence in themselves and in their ability to care for themselves, their new baby and their family. Click here for more details.
STRUCTURE OF CARE with California Midwifery Service:
Get acquainted visit: (Pre-pregnancy, first trimester, second trimester or later if there is booking availability for your due date window). Initial care visit – 60-90 minutes: Registration (including to facilitate Benefits Verification for insurance), complete health history, assessment of eligibility for homebirth and midwifery care, facilitation of prenatal lab work, holistic guidance for optimal wellness and risk reduction during pregnancy and for birth, information for decisions about other prenatal screening and testing and receiving midwifery care, and coordination of care for medical back-up plan and referral.Included as appropriate: genetic screening/testing. Second visit as necessary to complete initial coordination of care.
We provide midwifery care for planned homebirth throughout most of the San Francisco Bay Area — Santa Clara, San Mateo, plus some areas of San Francisco and Alameda Counties: Palo Alto, Los Altos, Mountain View, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Los Gatos, San Jose, Menlo Park, Redwood City, Woodside, San Carlos, Belmont, San Mateo, Half Moon Bay, Pacifica, Burlingame, Milbrae, Daly City, San Francisco, Hayward, Fremont, and Portola Valley.